Gynecomastia is an increase in the quantity of breast gland tissue in boys or men caused by an oestrogen and testosterone imbalance. Gynecomastia can affect one or both breasts, and sometimes it might affect unevenly. The corrective procedure involves removal of excess fat and glandular tissue to restore a flatter, firmer and more masculine contour to the chest.
Ideal Candidate for Gynecomastia
- If one of your male breasts have enlarged tissue, or you have puffiness in nipples that make you feel uncomfortable.
- If you are not able to feel comfortable in your own skin. If this condition has started to affect your self-confidence and lowering your esteem.
- Even after building up an athletic body loose lumps of skin are still hanging off your lean chest.
Procedure and recovery timeStep 1 - Anesthesia
General anesthesia is the most chosen option amongst the surgeon, however it is best advised by the surgeon that which is well suited for you.Step 2 - The incision
There are several different techniques that are usually performed, however the technique chosen is highly dependent on your condition.
- Liposuction technique- Liposuction procedures may be used alone to treat gynecomastia caused solely by excess fatty tissue. A cannula, a tiny hollow tube, is inserted through multiple small incisions.
- Excision technique Excision procedures are advised for removing glandular breast tissue or extra skin to treat gynecomastia.
- Combination of liposuction and excision technique-In some cases a combination of both the techniques is required.
Sutures will be used to seal the incision, which will then be covered with a protective covering.
On average, the initial male breast reduction recovery period is 1-2 weeks. During this period, patients should rest and avoid hard activities in order to assist recovery and avoid problems.
Benefits of Gynecomastia corrective surgery
- It enhances self-confidence and self-esteem.
- It offers more masculine physique
- It makes it easier to maintain a healthy weight
- It can alleviate back pain.
- It frees up your mind and makes you see your body in a positive image.
Send us a message or give us a call today. We'll book your appointment.Book Now
Frequently Asked Questions
Mild to severe discomfort may occur, which may be managed with the use of prescribed medications.
Yes, their outcomes are permanent.
It is recommended that you return to work one week after the surgery.
It is typically done under general anesthesia and takes around 2 hours.
The Surgeon will remove extra fat by performing liposuction through a tiny incision around the lower half of the nipple area. The procedure is quick and easy, with a rapid recovery period.
No, liposuction removes fat without leaving noticeable scars.
Yes, but only if done by a professionally skilled, board-certified plastic surgeon.
Heavy lifting or straining should be avoided for three to four weeks following surgery.
Before and After Results
Detailed Information For Gynecomastia
This is an informed consent document that has been prepared by Dr. Sumit Malhotra to inform you about gynecomastia the risks, and the alternative treatments.Read Now