Breast Lift Surgery
A Breast Lift, also known as mastopexy, is a cosmetic procedure performed by a plastic surgeon that changes the contour of your breasts. Weight loss, pregnancy, breast-feeding, and aging are all natural reasons that can alter and stress the breasts over time. A breast lift is a procedure that lifts, elevates, and firms the breasts by removing drooping skin and rearranging the underlying tissue to accommodate a more desired breast shape.
Ideal Candidate for breast lift
- If you notice that your breast has lost its solid volume and contour, a breast lift might help you regain the shape that you desire.
- If your breasts seem flat or extended, you might be a good candidate for this procedure.
- Breasts with excessively enlarged or stretched areolas or nipples. You may require a breast lift.
- Breasts with nipples that point downward and/or below the crease of your breasts require a breast lift procedure to remodel the contour of the breast and realign the position of your nipples.
- Non-smokers and those in otherwise good health.
Procedure and recovery timeStep 1 - Anesthesia
During the surgical process, you will be given medications to help you relax. There are two options: intravenous sedation and general anesthesia.Step 2 - The incision
There are three common incision patterns:
- Around the areola
- Around the areola and vertically down from the areola to the breast crease
- Around the areola, vertically down from the breast crease and horizontally along the breast crease
- To enhance breast shape and firmness, the underlying breast tissue is raised and reshaped.
- The nipple and areola are positioned to a more youthful, natural height.
Following the reshaping of your breasts and removal of extra skin, the remaining skin is tightened, and the incisions are closed.
Patients are usually absent from work for three to seven days. After three weeks postoperatively, there are no limitations. The breasts normally take 6 to 12 weeks to reach their ultimate form. Not indulging in strenuous activities is advised.
Benefits of the Breast Lift
- Breast lift surgery enhances the physical image and promotes your self-esteem.
- Breast lift surgery might motivate you to adopt better and healthier lifestyle choices.
- Some clothes may fit better as a result of this surgery, and you may be able to experiment with trendier outfits.
- Breast lift surgery improves the proportion of a woman's breasts and buttocks, and makes your body look symmetrical.
- Breast lift surgery is an effective technique for improving the contour of a woman's breasts.
Send us a message or give us a call today. We'll book your appointment.Book Now
Frequently Asked Questions
A mastopexy is usually performed under general anesthesia, and it takes about 2 hours.
After the breast lift surgery, they will be swollen for the first few weeks, however it will begin to soften around the sixth week, and the swelling should be reduced by three months.
The discomfort subsides after 24 hrs of the surgery.
Yes, your results are permanent unless you gain a significant amount of weight or become pregnant.
We recommend a very gentle massage, it must not be done vigorously.
Scars disappear in one to two years and are generally concealed by bras and swimming suits.
After the procedure of breast lift, avoid vigorous exercise for four to six weeks.
Daily routine tasks and basic domestic duties can be resumed in 2 to 3 days, and office work should be resumed one week after surgery.
It normally takes a few weeks to recover; you may experience discomfort in the first week, which may be relieved with the help of medications.
The modern procedures utilized for Breast Uplift surgery allow most women to continue breastfeeding.
Before and After Result
- Pain: Mild discomfort that can be controlled by drugs.
- Bruising: Minimal bruising may temporarily occur in the targeted area.
- Numbness: There may be numbness in the targeted area. This should improve in 6 to 8 weeks.
- Scarring: Fade within one to two years and can usually be hidden by bras or bikini.
Detailed Information For Breast Lift
This is an informed consent document that has been prepared by Dr. Sumit Malhotra to inform you about breast Lift the risks, and the alternative treatments.Read Now