What is breast augmentation?
Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure performed to increase or change the size of the breasts. It is also known as breast enlargement or mammoplasty. It mostly involves implant insertion under the breast tissue. Women want a more defined contour on their breasts, but they also want to have a proportion between their body and their breasts. You can always choose to enhance your breast size with breast augmentation surgery to get the ideal size you've always desired.
Ideal Candidate for Breast Augmentation
- If your breasts are sagging, flattened, extended, asymmetrical, or lack proper cleavage or volume, you may be a suitable candidate for this surgery.
- The FDA mandates that you be at least 18 years old to receive saline implants. 22 is the minimum age for silicone implants. If you fit the aforementioned category then you are the suitable fit.
- If your breast size looks to be out of proportion to your body size, you can have this procedure done to put them back into balance. If you have undergone pregnancy and your Breasts have become smaller and lost their firmness after having children.
- You acknowledge that breast enlargement should only be done for yourself if you feel it would improve your happiness or confidence, and not for someone else.
Procedure and the Recovery timeStep 1 - Anesthesia
During the surgical process, you will be given medications (Anesthesia) to help you relax. There are two options available: intravenous sedation and general anesthesia.Step 2 - The incision
To reduce visual scars, incisions are performed in inconspicuous areas. You can explore which incision alternatives are best for your desired goal with Dr. Sumit Kumar Agarwal.
- Along the areolar edge (periareolar incision)
- The fold under the breast (inframammary fold)
- The armpit (axillary incision)
Although the method majorly depends upon the type of implants being used, there are two-way in which implants are placed-
- Under the pectoral muscle (a submuscular placement)
- Directly behind the breast tissue, over the pectoral muscle (a submammary/ subglandular placement)
The incision lines will start to diminish with time. The scar's quality is determined by a variety of factors, including heredity, nicotine exposure, and infection.
Clients are put in a surgical dressing after surgery, which may include a support bra or wrap. Swelling is to be expected following surgery. Swelling and bruises will begin to fade 1-2 weeks following surgery, however this can vary depending on the client. Clients may usually return to work within 3-5 days. Most clients can resume light exercise within two weeks, and a full recovery can be expected between four and six weeks after surgery.
Benefits of Breast Augmentation
- When you undergo breast augmentation, you'll want to flaunt your new curves and contours with v-neck gowns and exquisite necklaces.
- There is no need to use padded or push-up bras or any other type of breast enhancer after undergoing breast augmentation surgery.
- Breast augmentation surgery can give women both physiological and psychological benefits.
- Breast augmentation surgery can make you appear more balanced and symmetrical.
Send us a message or give us a call today. We'll book your appointment.Book Now
Frequently Asked Questions
Implants are regarded as safe since they have been approved by the FDA, and also the cosmetic surgeons agree that they and the process are safe.
Breast implants are not considered lifelong devices, although they are built to last long. Therefore, until problems emerge, there is no need to replace them.
Fat grafting is an alternative to implants in which fat tissue is extracted from areas of your body such as your thighs or buttocks. It is intended for women who do not wish to add a lot of volume to their breasts.
It normally takes a few weeks to recover; you may experience discomfort in the first week, which may be relieved with medications.
Scars disappear in one to two years and are generally concealed by bras and swimming suits.
Breast augmentation is often performed under general anesthesia and takes around 2 hours to complete.
With the current techniques used for Breast augmentation surgery. Most patients retain the ability to breastfeed. If a problem arises, your doctor will provide you with lactation aid.
After this surgery, avoid strenuous exercise for four to six weeks.
Before and After Results
- Temporary skin discoloration and swelling.
- Mild pain following surgery that can be relieved with the help of medication.
- After breast augmentation surgery, your surgeon will advise you on how to minimize the scars.
- Minor bruising that normally lasts about a week.
Detailed Information For Breast Augmentation
Get the full details of Breast Augmentation (augmentation mammaplasty). In the document, Dr. Sumit Malhotra discussed The Risk, Requirements, and other alternative treatments available for the breast augmentationRead Now