A surgical treatment called blepharoplasty is used to remove extra skin, bulging fat, and soft muscles from the upper or lower eyelids as well as to minimize the puffiness of the lower eyelids. Although it is typically done for cosmetic reasons, it also helps older people whose eyesight is harmed by the sagging of the upper eyelids. Dark circles, face wrinkles, or crow's feet cannot be treated with this technique. Additionally, it doesn't change the way your face looks or offer you your ideal appearance.
The ideal candidate for Blepharoplasty
- If you have Under-eye bags or swollen bulges.
- Excessive swelling in the upper eyelids
- Excess skin in the upper eye region affects the natural folds of the eyes.
- If you have wrinkled eyelids
- visual impairment brought on by drooping upper eyelid skin
Procedure and Recovery TimeStep 1 - Anesthesia
The eye region is administered under local or general anesthesia depending upon the procedures that you are opting for.Step 2 - The incision
The incision is made according to the procedure that you are going for. There are 3 different types of procedures performed by the surgeon according to the needs of the patient. They are:-Upper Blepharoplasty - Excision of the fat tissue and loose skin is done to treat swollen and droopy upper lids. The upper eyelids' solid appearance is achieved by trimming the sagging surface that gives them a fatigued and droopy appearance and reattaching the remaining skin. Additionally, the muscles from below are tensed. In upper blepharoplasty, your surgeon will make specific notations on the lids' folds and lines to prevent noticeable scarring along these folds. With the aid of surgical scissors, scalpels, radio-frequency cutting equipment, and cutting lasers, the excess fat is either removed or relocated after the incision is made in the crease or natural fold of the upper eyelid.
Lower Blepharoplasty - The goal of the operation is to reduce or redistribute the buildup of extra fat tissue under the eye. Additionally, by eliminating extra skin and establishing a stronger surface, the sagging skin behind the lower eyelid can be tightened. The muscles are tightened if sagging lower eyelids are a result of the weakening of the underlying muscles. Lower blepharoplasty involves making an unobtrusive incision along the lash line and smile crease of the lower eyelid. Excessive amounts of fat, skin, and muscle are removed through the incision.
Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty - In certain cases, the skin surrounding the eyelids is elastic and pliable, yet there is a need to reduce the extra pocket there. In such instances, Less invasive transconjunctival eyelid surgery is performed. An incision is performed inside the lower eyelid during transconjunctival blepharoplasty to either remove or redistribute extra fat. By using this approach, skin is not removed.
Step 3 - Closing the Incision
Incisions in the eyelid are closed using sutures or skin adhesive. Incisions are closed with sutures that are invisible to sight. These sutures typically dissolve on their own. Small stitches that won't dissolve are removed after a week. They do not leave scars in their wake.
Benefits of the Blepharoplasty
- Rejuvenates the upper portion of your face by giving you a younger and more appealing look.
- It makes you appear less tired.
- It boosts your confidence and self-esteem.
- Your forehead looks smoother than before.
- With the help of blepharoplasty visual impairments are also corrected.
- Helps reduce migraine with the help of the upper lift procedure.
Send us a message or give us a call today. We'll book your appointment.Book Now
Frequently Asked Questions
Droopy upper eyelids and altered brow position can be caused by a variety of factors. These could include sagging eyebrows, loose skin, extra skin around the eyelids, etc.
Three types of eyelid lift procedures are typically carried out by surgeons:
1) Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty: Suitable for restoring proper vision in elderly persons
2) Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty: to eliminate lower eyelid eye bags
3) Double eyelid surgery: Also known as Asian eyelid surgery, it creates the appearance of two eyelids.
Patients with sagging eyelids as a result of a heavy brow caused by extra forehead tissue should avoid having their eyelids lifted. In these situations, the doctors typically advise brow lifts.
It takes about one to two hours to finish the procedure.
Recovery from the treatment will take about 1-2 weeks.
- Temporary skin discoloration and swelling.
- Mild discomfort after surgery which is relieved with medicines.
- Very fine scar in an open procedure after rhinoplasty, that is mostly unnoticeable to people.
- Minor bruising usually lasts a week or so.
Detailed Information For Blepharoplasty
This is an informed consent document that has been prepared by Dr. Sumit Malhotra to inform you about blepharoplasty, the risks, and the alternative treatments.Read Now